An Indian Man was Fired After I Reported His Sexual Misconduct - I Received Rape Threats, not Regret



Trigger warning: Sexual abuse mentions. Reader discretion is advised.

It's not unusual for me to be sexually harassed by creeps online. Mostly, I ignore, scold, reply sarcastically, block, or dox them. 

However, I have also reported several Indian men who harassed me in social media to their employers. One of them got through and that's what I am going to talk about.

The man in the picture is Avinash Munna, an Indian citizen. He contacted me through Facebook Messenger. At first, he was decent and sounded liberal. I replied to his texts, albeit begrudgingly, establishing clear boundaries.

He always texted me in the mornings and after he saw a picture of mine in gym attire, he told me that he got tempted by my "topless pic."

He asked for more of my pictures and I sent him one in traditional wear - it was one of my best pictures. But it wasn't "hot" enough and he wanted the "topless" types. 


If this is "topless" then actual topless would be transparent I guess - where I become the female version of Hollow Man.

Anyway, he began to slut shame me, saying, "If you post such pictures, that's how I will behave. If you don't want me or men to behave like this, then keep it private." When I refused his advances, he started saying that I'm an average pussy putting a scene like I am Miss World and used Tamil cusswords that revolve around female genitalia. Nonetheless, he kept at asking my "topless" pictures. I didn't send any because I own my body and I decide what I do with it.

My privacy settings in Facebook is "friends only." As he continued to coax me into a sexually charged conversation, I told him that I don't offer such services and that he should find someone who does and fulfill his desires. Saying that even I have a price, he asked my market rate.

Indian men always think that other women are game but the women in their family are precious. Assuming that he's one of those hypocrites, I answered, "The same rate your mom offers." That pissed him off and he told me to leave. By then, I had already unfriended him and he can no longer see any of my pictures. I thought the conversation has ended that December 2023 and its the last I'll see him. I was wrong.


On New Year 2024, he sent me a new year greeting. I didn't respond to him much. He kept texting me into May 2024. He often asked for pictures - which I didn't send. I ignored him. He kept texting. I didn't budge. He also sent a friend request to me - probably so he can see my pictures again. I didn't accept.

The last time he texted, this was my conversation with him:


Now, he didn't see my pictures for more than five months, "topless" or traditional - if we go by his and average male logic that my "topless" picture tempted him, thus their one-sided, unwelcome sexually explicit behavior, he should've left me alone. There is no reason whatsoever to sexually harass someone like this.

I knew that it's useless to talk some sense into him. And it's not my job to educate him or men about basic decency. So, I kept mum and worked against him quietly, taking calculative steps:

1. I took screenshots of his sexually abusive texts.

2. I saved a picture of his in his office and noted his workplace in Dubai.

3. As a preamble, I posted the screenshots on my Instagram page that has nearly 30K followers.

4. Many people tagged his Instagram account in the comment section. He didn't respond and blocked me in Facebook.

5. Another woman DMed me in Instagram - he had abused her too but not quite as bad as he did me.

6. Meanwhile, I penned a complaint letter, attached screenshots of his texts (including the woman's) and emailed it to his workplace: 



7. I also sent the same complaint to his company's workplace's Facebook DM.

Then I crossed my fingers and waited. Two days later, I received an email from his Dubai company:



I posted the email from his company on my page as well. And then, he slid into my DM and texted, "Hey, do you know you spoiled my life?" I told him that he spoiled his own life by having such a mindset and behavior.

He then sent me chilling voice messages. I will detail them in my next blog. 

Meanwhile, I urge women not to be cowed by these types of men. Bring them down in any way you can and publicize it - whether or not they learn a lesson to better themselves isn't your problem. But it's our responsibility to stand up for ourselves and get back to those who think it's their birthright to harass women and judge us by what we wear and post on social media. Our dressing doesn't warrant men to misbehave with us. And they should know that their atrocities won't be met with silence anymore - don't let them get away with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was Sexually Assaulted for Rejecting a Boy

The Vicious Cycle of Indian Mommy's Boys

An Evangelist Christian vs Le Me