Karma is not a bitch – karma is bullshit.



Disclaimer: 

I am only expressing my thoughts on this blog. I am neither imposing anyone to follow my atheism nor ordering anyone to stop believing in whatever they want to believe. You don't have any fucking right to invalidate my thoughts and impose your religiosity on me in the name of commenting. There are thousands of religious faith belief based blogs - go and croak there.

When faced with the unknown and hence petrifying situations, it is humans’ nature to reason them with their own understanding. That is how religions, rituals, superstition, metaphysics all came to manifest among us. That is how reincarnation and karma concept came about as well.

It’s perfectly fine to cling to such concepts when we don’t know better. But to continue to reason in such ways when science offers answers and solutions is not wise.


I have a rare genetic disease known as Wilson’s Disease (WD). It’s a copper metabolism disease where I suffer from trace mineral copper toxicity. I can’t flush out the excess copper I obtain from food normally – drugs (not crack, legal narcotics๐Ÿ˜) do it for me. Since I was diagnosed late, at 19 years old, I am robbed of some of my physical abilities ๐Ÿ‘€. A girl who was fiercely independent was reduced to rely on others to do basic things. While that was painful, it is even more painful when I am blamed for my plight by religious people, both strangers and known, citing karma.

After my diagnosis, I was taking time to heal and a family friend came to visit. In the prayers room, (I was a Hindu) I was interrogated about what sins did I do to have this condition. And then I was told to think hard about my past lives. I was in pain and nauseous due to medication. I was also angry to be treated like that when all I did was go to school, study, and worry about my exams and the syllabus. However hard I tried, I couldn’t recall my past life. Simply because there is no such thing.


My late dad’s contumelious and elitist ways were then blamed for my condition – my mom does this to this day. Sometimes, she blames my past karma and her past karma. I am like, “Make up your mind.๐Ÿ˜ค” 

Doctors said that endogamy played a role in my genetic disease – my dad is my mom’s maternal uncle. They also had me late. Hence both factors play a part in me having this disease – limited gene-pool for natural selection๐Ÿ’–. While I am excited about the gene-editing tech CRISPRDeep BrainStimulation (DBS) and stem cells tech, one of my uncles (I use his late daughter’s phone number and he pays the bill coz he thinks of me as his daughter now) talks about how what you do, the universe throws it back at you like a boomerang๐Ÿ‘ป๐Ÿ‘บ. How supercilious to think that the vast universe cares about evolved monkeys living on an insignificant planet. Human hubris is more toxic than my disease and is evident in the concept of karma.



When you reason with karma, you tend to not improve yourself. You tend to think that whatever happens is due to karma and there is nothing you can do about it. Subconsciously, all of us are anti-karma. Whoever strives to be better is anti-karma. Whoever works to change the world is anti-karma. The medicine field, innovation, evolution are all anti-karma. Whoever plans for the future is anti-karma. If you wear masks, wash your hands, and practice social distancing, you’re anti-karma coz karma is anti-life coz life finds a way. That’s why dinosaurs are birds now.



I was in the prime of my life when this disease affected me. I won’t lie that I was as outspoken, confident. and as bright as I am now. I had the lowest moments of my life. But I received help and support and I tried to make the best of a bad job. My brother got me a laptop and I started writing. I got a freelancer job. I wrote why I don’t want charity from the government but employment opportunities, a corrupt-free government that doesn’t appease the people with handouts and better public facilities for the disabled to a local newspaper. And, I got a job. My boss came to visit me at my home and now I am a part of a for-profit social enterprise and its work-from-home model which is absolutely brilliant.

Karma would have prevented me from helping others in ways I can. I do online activism. I chose intersectional feminism because this movement resonates with my life in a wholesome way. While I am a Malaysian, my Facebook page, Karutthu Kannammaa managed by co-admins and I have a 90% Indian following. My Instagram profile, Hemzie Kannammaa has over 2000 followers. (Request in cycle gap: Do like my FB page and follow me on IG, thanks!) If I believed that people deserve abuse, injustice, and inequalities due to their karma, I wouldn't go out of my way to help people via my activism.

If I had resigned to karma, I would not be where I am right now. While I feel that I am being vainglorious, who else will tell my story? So, here I am writing about the lessons in my life. While my medical condition is a bane, it is also my greatest teacher.

And, yes, Karma is Bullshit and I am the Bitch who overcame it.

Comments

  1. Completely true... Though I believe that we ought to take complete responsibility for things that happen to us, it doesn't mean that we have to be blamed for things that occur because of some gene that has been passed to us by both the parents. I mean, responsibility is taking ownership of handling things, not taking the whip for someone else's bullshit. I'm just awed by the courage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You put it so beautifully Annapoorna, thank you.

      Delete
  2. Such an inspiring and badass post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ๐Ÿ˜„ With half knowledge, one incident & with your thinking u came to conclusion that it's all superstition..
    At some low point of time, I also thought there is no god. Why good people are suffering, dying. I hated worship, felt meaningless, used bad words while crying & scolded God..

    Time changes everything..
    I searched got all answers..
    U should start with an ounce of believe of possibility & questioning..
    I am curious why my behaviour is more similar to my zodiac sign.. Then I started analysing my horoscope withhhelp of YouTube videos of many astrologers. Found who are all knowledgable & skilled ones.
    It lead to questioning of how can I change my fate, why children's & parents horoscope matches (ie karma matches). Who is planning birth at that exact planetary position.. Which matches..
    Then came to know about rebirth, gods, spirits, motcha.. Most of that which needed.. There are unlimited examples & knowledge. In youtube itself..
    Karma doesn't stop u to grow & give ur efforts.. But there are things beyond ur control..

    Already in my family all these happened. (predictions came true, astrological, palm reading, ghost incidents, spirit incidents, what not) some of them at that time when my mom told, I took it light.. Thought in modern age, there is no ghost in cities.. & doubted about God..
    It all completely changed now after knowing it & analysing & seeings others incidents.. I don't accept anything easily. Question a lot..

    Hope if ur karma permits, u would understand these & change ur opinion.. Be open minded & see through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Your experience is valid but mine isn't? It is not because of my low time. It's simply coz it's not universal.

      You believe in Karma and astrology but is it universal? Oh really? Birth? What is the time of birth? The moment head comes out? The moment the body comes out? The moment the baby cries?

      Yes, there are things beyond our control and karma blames you for it. YouTube astrologers are reliable? Well, some believe in tarot cards, root doctors, etc. For you, your belief and shit are real, for others, necromancers, divination, pyrokinesis, etc are real. But, corona vaccine works for all of you - it doesn't care if you believe in astrology or deliverance. So, obviously your non-universal beliefs are a load of shit - even shit is useful.

      It happened in your family, not in every family on earth. So, did all that (ghosts, palm reading, spirit) exist during the time of the dinosaurs?? Humans evolved only 6 million years ago, the earth is 4 billion years old. What were ghosts, spirits and shit doing when humans were yet to populate the earth?

      Who has half knowledge? Superstition is man made - even pigeons can be taught superstition via repeated behavior.

      I never scolded god coz it's useless. I never blamed god neither coz it doesn't exist. I don't hate worship; i just don't pray.

      I have seen those examples and shit too - they turn out to be half truths and whole lies, from Lemuria, Natarajan's statue at CERN, and Gatochgachan's body. All are fucking lies.

      A Christian evangelist preached his beliefs to me, he said the same thing, believe. He said I believed in Ganesha and Shiva and that they have betrayed me so now believe in Jesus. I told him to fuck off and he reacted exactly like you. This is how religious shits act when opposite thoughts to their beliefs are put forward.

      I had worked as a zodiac writer for a publication - I was told to write whatever shit that comes to my mind.

      I only said my thoughts. I never ordered anyone to stop believing in whatever shit they want to believe. You can worship whatever God, go to whatever scamming astrologer, be like the Exorcist, believe the time of birth that docs record after having lunch after delivering the baby, believe when astrology calls the sun a planet, (it's a star), believe in moksha or 72 virgins in the afterlife, reincarnation or hell and heaven, be stupid, be a twat, be completely science illiterate and stupid enough to not see universality.

      You are free to do whatever you want. Start a blog like me and write your thoughts. But you don't have any fucking right to invalidate my thoughts and impose your religiosity on me.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. It's so easy to say, it's false, not true.. U don't even try to find out what is true.. U take ur present view of people of world from ur state & say every other possibility is false.. I didn't came to the conclusion with few proof.. How many astrologers have u met, calculated ur past present & future.. U seems close minded in accepting others experience..
      I have answer for all ur questions.. I even had more questions than u.. Don't like answer to u any more..
      ๐Ÿ˜„, it seems ur answer is full of shit..

      Delete
    4. I separated wheat from the cheap.. U didn't, saying everything is dust. People mixed truth of everything with whatever they thought & believe.. Belief & truth are different..
      Siva, jesus, Allah, karma, time of birth.. I didn't meet the right people, not one person will give all the knowledge.. One may be great in astrology, but may not have knowledge of spirits.. One may believe in God completely, but may not know about sidhars who don't believe in God & discovered yogic practices to transform their life energy into higher level of consciousness.. They don't need assistance of God. They don't want help of astrology or spirits or kula deivam. Their practices help them & gives them knowledge.. Few of those practices r still here. Some teaching it..
      It's everyone's choice.. U worked in editor column, asked to write about zodiac prediction.. Suddenly u know astrology is false..
      No one person have complete, its all an ocean of topics..
      There is a saying, when a cat close its eyes, it thinks whole world is dark.. Its like that..

      Delete
  4. And if ur doing blogging & have open comments section, of course there will be people to disagree ur opinion or do some criticism. & comment on it..

    U can't ask everyone who disagree to u to start their own blog..
    I didn't impose religion to u.. I just said my opinion there r many things beyond modern science.. So people may make use of it & don't get confused about their life questions..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, next time you get a heart attack, go to the temple and astrologer, not to the hospital.

      Delete
    2. And to add a note,
      I don't believe or follow those fake hindu religious bullshit literatures, which is created by aryans or brahmins.. And all their stories.. Hinduism is vast, general term..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I was Sexually Assaulted for Rejecting a Boy

The Vicious Cycle of Indian Mommy's Boys

An Evangelist Christian vs Le Me