Vaathi Coming Song Review

 

I really want to talk about the attributes of Vaathi Coming. Call it a written reaction or whatever, lol.


Vijay = Youth na Ippadi dha Irukkum (This is how you do Youth)

The man is 47 in 2021. How he maintains his health shows. I know that he likes mutton curry and thinks that vegetables taste sad like Uncle Roger. But unlike those who call Trisha aunty after eating mutton biryani and sitting on their ass, he actually takes care of himself - workout to flush out toxins and burn the extra fat and calories. Yes, his trade calls for such body maintenance but as a person who is health conscious like me, I like that. I also like Gita Gopinath, Trisha, Surya, Dhanush, Shilpa Shetty, and Malaika Arora for the same reason. Now, if only the rest of the Indian society doesn't practice gendered sexism and gives credit to women who age gracefully just like the men.

The Background Dancers' Active Involvement

I think this is the only Tamil song to date that used the talent of the background dancers to the max. Many of them get to share screen time with Vijay at the forefront. And they didn't disappoint. The tap water guy. The forever alone dancing kid as JD and his convoy leave for the college. The bharathanatyam dancers and the kids serving as props for Vijay to sit on, etc. All are beautifully and seamlessly integrated. 

Wanna know why I called em background dancers 'kids'? Read on.

Kids are now Men

All of the background dancers are the age of my nephews - in their early 20s. So, I feel like they are kids. I couldn't help thinking how they were in diapers when Vijay started his cine career and marvel that they have grown to dance with him. I also feel a strong sisterly instinct when I see them. I feel like pinching their cheeks, lol.

The Senior Lot's Reunion

I loved Prem Kumar, Sanjeev, and Sriman's entry. But, since I have watched the movie, I feel like they deserve more screen time. 

Andrea's Entry and Dance



 
TBH, I would wait for Andrea to emerge from the crowd to the forefront every time I watch Vaathi Coming. Then my eyes will be fixated on her. I couldn't even walk straight in a saree and here is this woman nailing the moves with Vijay. Also, she's the only female in the crowd and her presence is not awkward at all.

Hope you all liked my review!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was Sexually Assaulted for Rejecting a Boy

The Vicious Cycle of Indian Mommy's Boys

An Evangelist Christian vs Le Me