I Received Rape and Murder Threats from a Man I Reported for Sexual Misconduct


Trigger warning: Mentions of sexual violence. Reader discretion is advised.

I started receiving rape threats since I was 13 and such things didn't cease so many years after. 

An Indian man whose name is Avinash Munna sexually harassed me in Facebook Messenger. I reported him to his workplace in Dubai and he was fired. 

He had blocked me on Facebook. Instead of posting the whole saga on my personal Instagram profile, I posted it on my Instagram page, Karuththu Kannammaa. Soon, he caught a whiff of it and then sent me a message on my post, "Hey, you know, you spoiled my life."

I told him to pay for what he did to me.

And then the horror started - in the form of voice messages.

First, he called me the biggest bitch ever existed. Then, he went on that he will come to Malaysia, rape me in all holes and do the same to my mom and then chop us both to pieces. He continued in that trajectory, saying unspeakable things.

He kept telling that he'll come to Malaysia next week and finish me. If he can't make it, he said that he has contacts in Malaysia and they'll come to my house and ensure I am brutally raped and sadistically murdered.

He saw only one picture of mine in a snug sports bra - and decided that I must be "open to everything, anytime, with any guy." This is how most Indian men think. If a woman dresses and looks a wee bit hot and fashionable, they think it's consent to engage sexually with them. 

I digress.

By that one picture of me in my post workout attire, he said that every sex page has me featured - because that's how I dress, look, and behave.

What appalled me was that absolute arrogance and impenitence. He didn't even realize his inappropriate texts are wrong, and actually criminal. 

Many Indian men feel it is their right to say/do whatever they want. This whole thing around son preference is really driving this. They believe they are the center of the universe and no one has the right to turn them down.

I posted all his voice messages on my Instagram page too. And he blocked me on that platform as well.

Was I afraid? Yes. My blood ran cold and my spine crawled. You never get used to it.

Not asking for it.



Not asking for it.

I am never asking for it unless I ask for it using my voice and free will.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was Sexually Assaulted for Rejecting a Boy

The Vicious Cycle of Indian Mommy's Boys

An Evangelist Christian vs Le Me